101000 Moscow , 11 Miasnitskaya St.
+7 (495) 621-64-18;
+7 (495) 772-95-90 ext. 111-74
Director — Andrey Klimenko
Kramer M., Barabashev Alexey, Barbashin A. et al.
Rome: Reset-Dialogues on Civilizations, 2017.
Kalgin A., Parfenteva D., Podolskiy D. et al.
International Journal of Public Sector Management. 2018. Vol. 31. No. 1. P. 65-80.
Kalgin A., Minchenko O. S.
In bk.: Global Encyclopedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, 2018. P. 1-5.
Klimenko A., Kalgin A.
Public and Social Policy. WP BRP Series. НИУ ВШЭ, 2018. No. 17/PSP/2018.
The Institute for Public Administration and Governance (IPAG) of the Higher School of Economics National Research University (HSE NRU) specialises in research, developing and implementing applied solutions in the field of public and municipal administration in the Russian Federation.
The institute was formed in 2003 as a unit of the Higher School of Economics National Research University.
IPAG draws on the expertise of about 50 full-time staff members.
The object of the basic research is governmental regulation mechanisms of entrepreneurship activity: licensing, self regulation, accreditation, control and supervision activity, notification procedures which establish the legal basis to perform entrepreneurship activity.
The key goal of the basic research is to develop an incremental system optimization approach to Federal Government powers and governmental regulation of entrepreneurship activity including:
- Licensing system improvement;
- Self regulation mechanisms implementation;
- Accreditation system improvement;
- Control and supervision activity improvement;
- Notification procedure results analysis establishing the legal basis to perform entrepreneurship activity.
Tasks of fundamental research are:
- A system analysis of existing law enforcement practice and normative regulation of prevalent administrative mechanisms,
- A formulation and analysis of problematic areas in administrative mechanisms shaping governmental regulation of entrepreneurship activity,
- Proposals formulation on governmental regulation mechanisms of entrepreneurship activity in licensing, self regulation, accreditation, governmental control and supervision, notification procedure establishing a legal basis to perform entrepreneurship activity;
- System proposals formation for incremental and scale optimization of entrepreneurship activity regulated by Government..
The methodological bases of the fundamental research are a system and comparative analysis, expert evaluation methods and also economic and legal expertise. In particular the system and comparative analysis of existing law enforcement practice and normative regulation of administrative mechanisms including the provision of Government official web-sites monitoring, law enforcement and juridical practice analysis and also comparative and juridical analysis of the following normative acts:
- Statutes about Federal Government Authorities powers approved by Government resolutions and Presidential orders,
- Federal Laws, Russian Government resolutions, Presidential orders, establishing a normative basis and procedure for Federal Government registration systems;
- Administrative rules and standards (regulations) for functions and services executed by Federal Government which are related to administrative mechanisms being studied in the research;
- Other normative documents.
As a result of the fundamental research conducted by the authors, a holistic analysis of current governmental regulation mechanisms in particular areas of social relations was performed. The areas are: licensing, self regulation, accreditation, governmental control and supervision activity, and notification procedure establishing the legal basis to perform entrepreneurship activity. Key problems were also detected and recommendations to improve and bring to the desired state the practice of choosing and using governmental regulation mechanisms were developed.
The authors of the research also prepared analytical reports and activities expertise sufficiently exceeding the requirements specification and including other areas of entrepreneurship activity regulation such as: technical regulations, staff qualification evaluation and also topics which have generalized relation to specific kinds of administrative mechanism such as:
- A key summary and reasons for insufficient effectiveness in governmental regulation of entrepreneurship activity;
- Key unresolved system problems in the area of governmental regulation of entrepreneurship activity;
- Reform Strategies in government regulation of entrepreneurship activity areas;
- Key components of the Strategy “Consecutive Optimization” concerning government regulation of entrepreneurship activity;
- Principles and a roadmap for activities implementation in the Strategy “Consecutive Optimization”.
The authors also systematized the proposals and remarks on the existing normative documents which can be used as a roadmap for consecutive optimization of government regulation mechanisms in the area of entrepreneurship activity.
The holistic approach proposed by the authors during the research includes analytical and statistical materials and outlines both positive and negative changes, barriers and difficulties arising in the transformation process of government regulation in its entrepreneurship activity. To clarify the conceptual statements and principles proposed in a new holistic strategy aimed to reform administrative mechanisms in the area of entrepreneurship activity the authors of the fundamental research state the necessity to summarize the material according to the principle “from general to particular”.
Results of this fundamental research where used to develop:
- Lowering Administrative Barriers and Increasing the Access to Public and Municipal Services Conception (2011-2013) which was approved by Russian Federal Government Resolution from 10.06.2011 № 1021-р;
- National Socio-Economic Development Strategy (2020).
The proposals on system optimization of Federal Government powers and administrative mechanisms of governmental regulation in entrepreneurship activity are also used in current expert advice on Federal Government activities.
It is assumed that modernization of existing administrative mechanisms will proceed in accordance with outlined and analyzed problems and also by means of obtained results and conclusions based on research.